Based on the principles in the Utah Republican Platform, the Platform Republicans PAC supports the following legislation and votes:
Protecting Life and Liberty
- Eliminating any abortion funding and restricting and/or eliminating abortion with legislation similar to the Texas law that is currently on appeal in the federal courts.
- Strictly limiting the authority of the Governor or the state or county health departments to issue mandates that deprive citizens of liberty and/or property without due process of law.
- Prohibiting all public-private partnerships that grant preferential treatment to, or transfer government power to, certain businesses.
- Creating civil rights protection for all citizens’ medical treatment choices, by prohibiting government agencies and businesses from requesting medical information, requiring vaccines, or forcing masking of employees and customers.
- Legislation to protect children from being subjected to hormone therapy, gender change operations, or gender transitions.
- Directing and funding a state agency to harden Utah’s power grid against an EMP attack or solar event.
Budget, Taxes, and Regulations
- Enacting a State budget that cuts, or reduces the rate of growth of, spending on programs and agencies that are not within the proper role of government according to the Utah Republican Platform and the U.S. and Utah Constitutions.
- Reducing taxes, with taxation limited to what is necessary to fund the proper Constitutional role of government, and no net tax increases.
- Cutting regulations, particularly by repealing one or more unnecessary occupational licensing requirement per session.
- Enacting reasonable licensing reciprocity with other states, especially those with the same licensing requirements as Utah.
- Opposing legislation that is not within the proper role of government according to the Utah Republican Platform and the United States and Utah Constitutions.
Elections and Accountability
- Repealing SB 54 (2014), the Utah law that created the signature path to the primary ballot.
- Supporting the citizen initiative and/or legislation to restore our elections to paper ballots and in-person Election Day voting.
- Additional election reform legislation to:
- impose strict penalties for voter fraud,
- reinstate traditional absentee balloting options,
- require county clerks to clean up voter lists every two years,
- ensure that political parties may keep their primary elections closed only to the party’s voters,
- eliminate Election Day voter registration, and
- provide for a forensic audit of Utah’s elections.
- Passing, improving, and enforcing laws to recall or impeach elected or appointed public officials who violate their Oath of Office and/or duty to support and defend the U.S. and Utah Constitutions.
- Opposing and voting against judicial or other nominees who support, or have supported, Leftist policies, including abortion, socialism, communism, speech codes, multiculturalism, radical environmentalism, or the Antifa or Black Lives Matter agendas.
- Repealing and replacing all aspects of the Common Core program and returning control of curriculum to local school boards.
- Increasing parental choice in education through mandate-free tuition tax credits.
- Prohibiting anyone with male DNA from competing in women’s sporting events.
- Extending the time to review the revisions in the Utah State school standards.
- Supporting Utah’s state agencies and counties in seeking access to, and productive use and control of, Utah’s public lands.
- Reducing the amount of federal funding received by Utah state agencies, including Medicaid funding and education-related funding.
- Prohibiting unconstitutional foreign deployments of Utah’s National Guard troops unless there is a formal declaration of war by Congress, as required by the U.S. Constitution.
- Nullifying federal laws and regulations that are not within the proper role of government under the Utah Republican Platform and the United States Constitution.